Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mindy & The Marathon

I love this story. It's something I've never ever heard of, yet it makes so much sense.

I was out Friday night with this gal I'll call Mindy (her husband Munson was there also) and she was telling me about when she runs the 26 mile Bostom Marathon she has her name 'MINDY' written on her leg in big letters. As she runs through the crowded streets people start calling and chanting her name which in turn inspires her to keep running and running and hopefully helps her make better time in finishing the gut wrenching race.

How cool is that?

Next year we're gonna write 'asshole' on her leg figuring she'll run faster with tens of thousands of people chanting ASSHOLE! at her. I know I would.

7 comments:

Cake said...

I bet if you threw things at her, she'd run even faster.

Cake said...

My best guess is that she called the badgers "MIKE HUNT" and they didn't appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

In Russia, he is called " Yurik Hunt"

Lois Lane said...

Actually, I just looked at them and said "This is a marathon, not a zoo. Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers."

Seriously though, I did nothing. They were taking orders from the King of the Douchebag Birds, who was angry that I posted on this blog.

Anonymous said...

And I'll bet if she had a huge tattoo-like looking spider vein drawn on her leg, and you yelled "GO SPIDERVEIN LADY!" she'd actually win.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»