Monday, July 03, 2006

Bad Ring Tones



Why do people want 'fancy' ring tones for their cell phones?

Don't you get embarrassed when the phone rings and 'We Are The Champions' blares out and everybody turns around and sees what a loser you are? How about the douchebag that actually has a Bob Segar Old Time Rock N' Roll ring tone? Or O' Canada? Maybe a ring tone by an American Idol performer (Oh god...just shoot me before I hear a Taylor Hicks ring tone)

And some people (you know who you are) actually pay money for a trendy ring tone. The record companies are making a huge percentage of their profits by selling ring tones, which tells me the world is filled with way too much money, way too much spare time, and way too many douchebags.

Clever ring tones should never, EVER be used by people over the age of say 17 or so.

My phone rings like a phone. So should yours.

Confess your ring tone here. And if you don't confess it, I'll just assume it's the theme to Gilligan's Island or something by Travis Twitt or something. Loser.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Jetson's doorbell
2) Men at Work: "Who can it be now?"
3) Theme from Buffy
4) Pink Panther Theme
5) Austin Powers Theme
6) Ozzy, Crazy Train

I love when #6 or #2 (the loud ones) go off in the middle of a meeting at work... So do my coworkers.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'll give Anonymous a pass just for having Crazy Train.

Though having Buffy almost doomed you to live forever in DouchebagVille.

Lois Lane said...

"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers, cause I'm Scottish and they're Scottish and I really like the song.

And I almost considered getting the Buffy theme but didn't like the way it sounded as a ringtone.

Cake said...

I confess I had an "old-fashioned" ring for my phone for about a month...but I never recognized it as my phone so it would ring and ring and ring, while I looked around for the loser who wasn't answering his phone.

So, umm, now it's just the default Sony Ericsson ring. Dull, huh?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Dear Lois,

Did you pay money for that ring tone?

Cake said...

Kung Fu as in "Everybody was kung fu fighting"??

I Ain't No Oprah said...

And now I have it stuck in my head.

"...those cats were as fast as lightning."

Cake said...

I hope yer happy, Gazongalicious.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Oh crap...now I'm picturing actual cats doing kung fu moves.

Fast.

Cake said...

Is it a little bit frightening?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I don't know any more of the words to the song so you win.

Loser.

Cake said...

If I won, I'm not the loser.

Loser.

Anonymous said...

Muskrat Love. Best Ringtone ever.

Lois Lane said...

Dear NoOprah,

Yeah, I paid money for it. So what? You should see some of the stupid stuff I spend money on every Wednesday (Thursday this week)...

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

CBIA Sam,

Nice of you to join us. Though it's a bit creepy knowing CBIA Paul is here also.

And without a cell phone...

bostongraf said...

Mine rings like a real phone. Then says (via speaker) the name of the caller ID of the person calling. Then rings like a real phone. Repeat.

If its an Unavailable caller ID, it says "Unknown Caller" (via speaker).

Its the best ringer in the world.

Paul said...

mine plays 1976 by rjd2, because it's a song that'll get stuck in your head. it's mostly horns, so that makes it a horny ring. right?

Anonymous said...

A little less conversation
Elvis Presley

Anonymous said...

I got the X-files theme for text messages and Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea (it starts out with beeps in Morse code for about 20 seconds)

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather useful message