Monday, November 13, 2006

Never forget.

As you might already know, I hate making fun of my customers. Sometimes.

So this guy comes in my shop the other day that I haven't seen in about ten years or so. And even back then he only came in a few times a year and rarely bought anything. 79 IQ kinda guy (79 is dumb, right?) But I remembered his blank look and riveting conversation. Here was the back and forth from the other day:

ME: "Hi! Have you've been? I haven't seen you in years!"

DOLT: "Good."

ME: "Good."

DOLT: "I still have that book I bought from you ten years ago."

ME ::thinking to myself....How the heck would I know what book this tard bought ten years ago???::: "Great!"

DOLT: "You remember that book right?....It was right over there ::points in the general direction of a book case:: "

ME: "Of course."


I hope he comes in another ten years and asks if I remember what he was wearing...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just did a blog about someone buying a book that you don't remember?

It's why I keep coming back here.

Anonymous said...

While working yesterday a guy came in that called me "chief" four times in under 5 minutes, and not doing it in a humrous way. I believe that in the rules posted a few months ago this man is officialy a "douchebag correct?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I try to forget deli. It aint always easy.

Anonymous said...

But did this deci-annual book buyer drop off a resume?

-- Lamont Cranston

Sparkle Plenty said...

Ba-BAM! Sock-o! Pow-ee! Lamont SHOOTS...Lamont SCORES!

Clinky said...

Here's what would be a cool twist ending to the story: You and the "dolt" are the same guy!

Lois Lane said...

That's why a good memory is the best superpower.

Bemisdown said...

I was a customer at a store the other day and the gal behind the counter, who was obviously a former student but I didn't recognise her, asked me

"So, do you still have two kids?"

(I wish very much I had said "No. I had to sell the small one to buy a car.")
Moral: Double Digit I.Q.'s can be found on BOTH sides of the store counter.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Clinky, DUDE! I was going to make the same comment, but along the lines of, "Talking to yourself again, Nooprah?" Does this mean I'm turning into a Girl Robot?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

/////////Double Digit I.Q.'s can be found on BOTH sides of the store counter./////////////

Don't I know it....HEY! Wait a minute...

Anonymous said...

Havin' deli is the best superpower.